Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Songs I'm *Still* Missing

     A while back I posted a list of songs that I had never seen any Dead band perform.  Since then I've seen some excellent shows and crossed a lot of these off, but there are still a few hanging in there.  With the "Summer" Tour about to start, I thought it would be good to update the list.  Some of you may question the legitimacy of this as "content," but if you've been keeping up with John Mayer, you should know that the notion of content is already under attack.  These are mostly songs that are not too far fetched to expect, but since I've gotten a "What's Become of the Baby" and a "Rosemary" in the last three years, maybe I should count some weirder ones...

Beat It on Down the Line
Mexicali Blues
So Many Roads
Looks Like Rain
Easy Wind
Promised Land
El Paso
Big RR Blues
Lost Sailor
Saint of Circumstance
Built to Last
West LA Fadeaway
Good Lovin'
Stagger Lee
Don't Ease Me In
If I Had the World to Give
My Brother Esau
New Potato Caboose (Phil is my only hope)
Johnny B. Goode
Lazy Lightning (I got a "Supplication" with Furthur)
Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again
Might as Well
Hard to Handle
Two Souls in Communion
Smokestack Lightning

These ones below are ones I've gotten from other Dead bands, but would love to finally see Dead & Company do:

Bertha
Tennessee Jed
Feel Like a Stranger
Caution (Do Not Stop on Tracks)
Stella Blue
Dupree's Diamond Blues
Black-Throated Wind
Turn on Your Lovelight
New Minglewood Blues
Supplication
Liberty

2 comments:

  1. I saw Promised Land at something like 8 of my first 10 Dead concerts, which is funny because I always thought of it as a Band song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they don't seem to do it nearly as often any more. Now they just do Big River and Sugaree at every show.

      Delete