Thursday, May 19, 2016

Free Show at the Fillmore...in 2016!

     I'm sure you have all heard by now, but Dead & Company announced yesterday that they are playing a FREE SHOW at the Fillmore in San Fransisco this coming Monday, the 23rd of May!  In case you were wondering, like I was, it is that Fillmore, the Fillmore West, formerly the Carousel!  You can view pictures of the venue here, to get an idea of what it looks like nowadays.

     Now I, being in Boston, had only a fleeting moment of panic, looking at airline prices and hotels, but ultimately realized this was for you West Coasters.  You lucky dogs!  I would LOVE to see this band in such a small venue, let alone one with such history.  I do wonder if they'll be able to fit all of Mickey's drums and toys, but if they could fit all of Santana in there, I bet Mickey can make it work.

     I'm still crossing my fingers that it will be live streamed like their last free show, but that was through American Express' "Unstaged" series, so I'm not incredibly hopeful.  There will definitely be tapes of it, and I can't wait to hear those!  I'm wondering if they'll do something like they did for the first Fare Thee Well concert in Santa Clara, and play only older songs.  I think that kind of thing is really more Phil's trip than the rest of them, but I bet even Billy wants to play "Cryptical Envelopment" in the Fillmore one more time!

     So here's a potential setlist for this free show, let me know what you guys think they'll play!  And if you're going, brag about it, man!  Just a heads-up, I'll  have a review of the recently released July 1978 Box Set up on Sunday, so feel free to let me know your thoughts on that!

Set One
Good Morning, Little Schoolgirl (JM)
Doin' That Rag (BW & JM)
Beat it On Down the Line (BW)
Cryptical Envelopment > (JM)
(Short) Drums >
The Other One > (BW)
Cryptical Envelopment > (JM)
Cosmic Charlie (BW & JM)
Turn on Your Lovelight (BW)

Set Two
Dark Star > (ALL)
St. Stephen > (ALL)
The Eleven > (ALL)
Alligator > (BW)
Drums >
Space >
Caution (Do Not Stop on Tracks) > (BW &JM)
Death Don't Have No Mercy (BW)
In the Midnight Hour (BW)

Encore:
It's All Over Now, Baby Blue (BW)
We Bid You Goodnight (ALL)

No comments:

Post a Comment